My travels

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sunshine galore


Where to begin. It's been almost a week since I last posted. Have been up to ... lots! Some might say no good ... but I am always good. Anyway last thursday we went on a day trip to Lichen. It's about an hour and a half drive. Last time I was there, they were in the middle of construction work on a church, Basilica actually. It's really grand. The gardens are nice too.

Friday I spent exploring Bydgoszcz. I love my digital camera. It holds SO MANY photos. Saturday was spent with my Godfather (Uncle Andrzej and his family) and in the evening went to my cousin's (Krzysiek and Violetta) for dinner, where we proceeded to eat and eat and eat. We had a grill .. our version is called a barbie. Not a rain cloud in sight.

Sunday was spent with my Mum's brother (Wujek Juzek). We ended up going on a roadtrip to Bielsko-Pomorskie. Some of Mum's family live there. Amazing views of the country. Suprisingly my Mum's Aunt thought that I was her. In the end my polish gave me away. Apparently I speak with an accent. Polish with an Aussie twang.

Yesterday spent more time with family. Ended up watching the football match with my cousin (Jarek) who is a mad football fan. Well we all know what the score was. May the Ukranians win the next match.

Weather has been great, ended up being 33C today. I am actually turning a darker shade of white. I have my 30+ which I have been applying .. so there is no chance of sunburn! Take care.
Dot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home