My travels

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Lourdes, FRANCE

OK so I am not right there at the moment, was there last week but it'll be easier to recount things this way.
Arrived in Lourdes after a train trip that involved one change .. from a fast train to the local version of the met .. it was delayed as well suprise suprise. Got there in the end .. that's what matters. Lourdes was everything I expected it to be and more. It was breathtaking. I really enjoyed spending time there .. very serene. A much needed break from the hustle and bustle of travelling. No miracle though. It was also the first time on this trip that I had to pull the jumper out of the bag. The Pyrenees can get prety clouded over and chilly.. chilly being 20ish.
Now what would a trip be without a sporting event. I managed to see a stage of the Tour de France. Another thing to cross off the to do list. I hadn't planned it .. I was just there at the right time in the right place .. well 30mins away by train .. in Pau. It wasn't cold here .. sunny weather all the way. The excitement in the town was pretty amazing. Got so many freebies .. no thanks to Skippy the kangaroo. I guess the french loved Skip. The race itself was amazing .. the crowds were fantastic. Simply loved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home