My travels

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Paris, FRANCE

Next stop Paris.
I arrived here on the 13th July .. day before Bastille Day. Was I in for some fun. Did a quick walkabout of where I was staying and then headed out into the greater metropolis. Paris will always be a fave city of mine. There is always something going on and new places to discover. Yes I ditched the map yet again. Familiar haunts came flooding back .. managed to get a few nice piccies by night as well ... mind you it doesn't get dark till round 10:30pm here.
After exploring Paris I decided to visit Versailles. Had never been there before. After seeing the grandeur and pomp of the palaces and gardens I can understand why there was a revolution. Not that I didn't enjoy Versailles .. I did.
Bastille Day was fantastic. Saw the parade on the Champs Elysees ... france's firepower and might in all its glory. When those planes flew overhead .. wow what a rush. And later that evening the fireworks display by the Tour Eiffel. Half a million people turned up for the display. I was one of them :)
OK now for another sporting event. What would a holiday be without a Grand Prix. On the sunday I took a train to Nevers and then hopped on a bus with other like minded people to Magny-Cours. The French GP awaited me. I caught up with a friend of mine .. who incidently works for Bridgestone. I was in the pit/paddock area for about an hour ... managed to snap a lot of great pics with nearly 3/4 of the grid. John should change jobs and become a photographer. Race was great. Seat amazing. View spectacular. A very enjoyable day all round. It was then back onto the train to Paris .. and pack the backpack for my next point of call ... wee Scotland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home